Head of Finance
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 47 cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Head of Finance for Egypt, you will have a unique opportunity to design, build, and run the finance function across all cities in Egypt. Egypt is one of our biggest market therefore you will be expected to play a critical role in building and mentoring the team, recording transactions, improving business performance and ensuring our compliance. Reporting directly to the CFO, and working in close consultation with the basecamp finance team, he/she will also provide financial support to the General Managers and Egypt Managing Director to ensure we achieve our aggressive growth targets in the Country.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate transaction processes
- Execute and review reconciliations of payments, bank statements, and transfers.
- Supervise/Process payroll and statutory deductions for all cities.
- Manage cash flow and petty cash reports for all cities.
- Identify and prevent Fraud and leakage across all transactions including procurement
- Process accurate and timely month and year end statements and ensure consistent financial reporting.
- Support development of monthly budgets and performance against targets
Compliance and Legal
- Develop local compliance policies and ensure compliance with Group controls and policies
- Map and fulfill local statutory reporting, withholding and tax obligations
- Coordinate and complete annual audits and tax filing in a timely manner.
- Manage legal notices and support business teams with applicability of relevant laws to the company.
- Identify, negotiate and continuously improve banking relationships and cash management solutions for treasury and business processes
- Attract, hire and develop a world class finance team
- Prioritize and supervise the daily operations of the team
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- CA, CMA or equivalent
- 7-9 years of PQE
- Operational experience in FMCG or plant controlling multiple variables of cost items
- Ability to manage large data sources
- Experience in Oracle implementation plus
- Experience building function from scratch and managing regional teams
- Excellent communication skills in English and an additional language would be highly preferred
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction