Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
We have had a phenomenal start. Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is an innovative transportation service operational in 47 cities from Morocco to Pakistan. With 30% monthly growth, we are one of the fastest growing companies in the region. Our recipe for success has been a team that thrives on challenges, is passionate about solving problems, is not afraid to work super hard, and is a true partner in the company through generous stock option grants. We have attracted strong regional and international investors and are positioned on the cusp of significant scale. Read more about us in the New York Times or Arabian Business.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The main purpose of the role is to cover different aspects of the accounting function for our Riyadh office including; GL maintenance, bank and fund management, sending out copy of statements and invoices through to collection, resolving queries, and reducing debtor days. The role will also manage the payable by dealing with all aspects of the Accounts Payable function, from supplier inception through payment and query handling.
Key responsibilities include:
- Posting Journals on the ERP
- Reconcile the banks at the designated frequency
- Raise corporate invoices and send to customers on a monthly basis.
- Issue credit notes and post to Sales Ledger and customers’ accounts.
- Reduce the DSO by ensuring outstanding balances are collected in a timely and efficient manner.
- Allocate bank transfers, card payments, and Cheque Payments to customers’ accounts against due invoices.
- Ensure customers reconciliations are performed regularly, and underline overdue accounts.
- Handle all credit card and PayPal disputes and communicating with the bank.
- Liaise with sales and operations team to resolve any issues.
- Process and manage suppliers’ invoices, credit notes, data entry and scanning invoices.
- Ensure all invoices are coded and booked to the correct GL code in Xero, by city and department.
- Process captain payments, salaries payments, and petty cash requests.
- Be the main petty cash holder for region and reconcile all payments and receipts weekly.
- Setup online payments and ensure the payments are approved and released timely.
- Maintain the DPO as per payment terms to ensure there is always sufficient funds.
- Reconciling suppliers’ accounts and sending out statements to suppliers to obtain balance confirmations.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Good technical proficiency, literacy skills and a competent computer user
- Strong Accountancy experience good analytical skills and good understanding and working knowledge of book keeping
- Experience in financial reporting and month-end, including preparation and posting of journals and updating reconciliations
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Accounting, Finance, or Business Management
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction