Public Relations Manager
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 47 cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
About The Role
We are seeking a public relations manager to nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness and develop an enviable corporate image by developing and executing effective public relations programs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop a growth public relations strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction including objectives, approach, activities, timeline and budgets.
- Optimize visibility and manage stakeholders perception.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting stakeholders (customers/captains/leadership/investors/government/media/etc) and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
- Set Public Relations guidelines and policies, communicate them and ensure compliance to guidelines.
- Coordinate all public relations activities.
- Cooperate with Social Media Managers and Marketing Managers to design, activate and promote corporate responsibility programs that give back to society and enhance our users lives.
- Prepare crisis management plans/strategies, identify threats and execute crisis plan while minimizing negative impact on brand image.
- Develop relationships with local and regional media players (Print, TV networks, online publishers and journalists).
- Proactively seek and evaluate opportunities for events, partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an ongoing basis.
- Attend relevant events to evangelise the company mission and find like-minded individuals and companies to align with on future initiatives.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations.
- Monitor, analyze and present PR results and landscape on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Integrate PR activities with other marketing activities such as research, business development, social media, content marketing and advertising.
- Provide media training and prepare team members for interviews, conferences, and other events and be a spokesperson if necessary.
- Review and proofread all external executive presentations.
- Proactively seek and identify local, regional and global public relationships trends and best practices, then promote and spread best practices among marketing team members, leadership and the rest of the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline.
- Proven working experience in public relations required.
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level within Pakistan.
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets.
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Event planning experience.
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.