Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 47 cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Being a Product Designer at Careem gives you the chance to work on exciting projects with the prospect of reaching millions of users across the region! We're looking for someone who is not just creative but also to has an eye for detail for all things related to UI and UX. If you are someone who is passionate, experienced and knows what it means to design, build, evaluate and iterate to find product solutions that are both useful and delightful, then this is the role for you! Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to understand and validate problems
- Work closely within a cross functional team to define innovative experiences that result in improved user experience
- Own the solution in all stages of the process from concept to launch, while making sure it achieves the objectives
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity to complex design roadblocks that span Careem’s mobile and web products
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- 3-5+ years experience designing consumer products across multiple platforms including iOS, Android and Web.
- Ability to take a holistic view on projects and think of start to end scenarios to deliver around all aspects of a project
- Ability to clearly articulate problems and solutions with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- A solid understanding of following and creating design language patterns
- Experience in conducting user interviews and usability studies
- Experience of working in a fast paced iterative environment - Incorporating feedback, launching quickly, setting measures for success and learning from what gets shipped.
- A strong portfolio showcasing examples of good design and problem solving skills. Case studies and a deep dive into the process are encouraged.
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction