Financial Planning & Analysis Associate
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 47 cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare and analyze monthly management reports
- Support continuous improvement of current budgeting, forecasting and planning process and deliverables
- Assist in the development of scorecards, measurement tools and KPI’s
- Monitor performance, highlight trends and analyze drivers of variances
- Prepare/support ad hoc reports and analysis
- Active participation in special projects
- Contribute to our continuing process improvement initiatives
- Accounting / Finance degree
- 4+ years of related experience creating financial reports and analyzing the results to provide strategic
- Strong analytical skills, ability to work independently and part of a team
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and financial modeling
- Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills
- Results oriented, strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS) or Oracle Hyperion planning tools is a plus.
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.