Supply Growth Lead
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 47 cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
With the demand for Careem growing faster than Dubai’s skyline, the Supply Growth Lead role will be the mastermind and driving force behind fulfilling supply for our customers across the network. The role involves working with cities to develop sustainable supply growth across the supply funnel (activation, engagement, retention); supporting cities in the creation of supply plans and budgets; and leading creative experimentation in accelerating supply growth increasing availability, efficient distribution and quality. Key responsibilities include:
- Champion supply growth across one or more of the steps of the supply funnel (activation, engagement, retention). You would work closely with operations managers in the different cities to guarantee supply availability for our ever-growing demand leveraging deep analytical insights to achieve highest impact
- ‘Own’ the metrics for supply growth of Captains (drivers) across the Careem network of over 30 cities. You will monitor and report on the supply funnel performance KPIs flagging target deviations to the Supply Managers
- Focus on supporting the local teams in accelerating their supply growth, defining and running growth initiatives across registration, activation, engagement, retention and increasing lifetime value of captain.
- Work closely with Supply Managers to optimize incentives spend on supply initiatives and improving acquisition and retention costs
- Run growth experiments, build playbooks of best practice and share with cities on the different steps in the supply funnel
- Collaborating with functional teams within the organizational from Marketing to Product to accelerate supply growth
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of Captains (drivers), an insane focus on excellence and growth, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- Associate or Senior Analyst at top-tier strategy consulting, investment banking or multinational firm with minimum 1 year of operational experience or similar
- Exemplary analytical ability, sharp problem solver and awesome ability to influence people
- Self-motivated, target driven and able to drive achieving crazy aggressive targets
- Ability to effectively trouble shoot problems and work collaboratively with different teams
- A bias for action – always wanting to move quickly and improve things faster
- Experience working within the technology/start-up environment is highly desirable. Previous work in the Middle East is plus
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.