Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 47 cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Marketing Manager role is to lead the Marketing initiative within a designated region. Understanding what activities increase our revenues and building a strategy with deep insights into what works and doesn't work for the specific market. This role requires a high level of market understanding and requires a diverse skill set across multiple areas, including social media marketing, PR, event planning, strategic and conceptual thinking, content creation, and relationship management. Key responsibilities include:
• Build a country marketing plan that includes promotions and partnerships to increase revenue and meet monthly targets in area of responsibility that is correlated with the brand guidelines.
• Identify and build relationships with prominent influencers and thought leaders in our space. Ensure these relationships benefit both the company and individual
• Collaborate with management and other marketing colleagues, aligning our internal goals with new and existing partner relationships
• Deliver a great experience to our partners when working with our organization you will represent our brand and be our partners’ liaison internally
• Forecast, measure and report results on various projects with partners, including co-created and/or cobranded content promotions, lead sharing, and/or event partnerships
• Attend relevant events to evangelise the company mission and find likeminded individuals and companies to align with on future initiatives
• Maintain knowledge of geographical area of responsibility, especially major announcements, what would work and not work, and events
• Match our internal content creation with external influencers who would enjoy receiving it or want to contribute
• Develop new and creative approaches to working closer with influential members of our industry, and serve as a goto resource to other marketing team members.
• Assist with event planning, including working with vendors, event coordinators, and design teams for onsite collateral
• Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, communications, and marketing
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
• Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
• Strong account manager and relationship builder, an adept communicator with the ability to liaise with people on all levels
• Experience in event planning and management, including speaker outreach and vendor relationships is an advantage
• Ability to think about process and scale above all else to work efficiently and effectively with multiple partners
• Experience handling marketing budgets and forecasting/reporting results
• Ability to develop and articulate highly successful and innovative marketing solutions and communicate a compelling vision
• Confident, outgoing, and with a predisposition to teach others
• Good technical proficiency, literacy skills and a competent computer user
• Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
• Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Marketing
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction