Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
We have had a phenomenal start. Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is an innovative transportation service operational in 43 cities from Morocco to Pakistan. With 30% monthly growth, we are one of the fastest growing companies in the region. Our recipe for success has been a team that thrives on challenges, is passionate about solving problems, is not afraid to work super hard, and is a true partner in the company through generous stock option grants. We have attracted strong regional and international investors and are positioned on the cusp of significant scale. Read more about us in the New York Times or Arabian Business.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Copywriter will plan, produce, and analyse the written content we create. This role will help build our editorial calendar and written guidelines, as well as determine sources for content both internally and externally. This person may also be asked to create all the content, format our content, and line edit. Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all of our written content is created, overlooked and consistent with our brand voice
- Creating and upload all of our digital written copy, website, sms, email, social and other forms in both Arabic and English
- Building our editorial calendar and written guidelines
- Determining sources for content creation, both internally and externally
- Serving as an exemplary writer, consistent with our company’s tone and mission. You write clean, concise, well-polished copy
- Editing content produced by your teammates, including conceptualisation of projects upfront and copy-editing prior to publishing
- Staying up-to-date with the latest industry trends and customer challenges in order to build a more effective editorial calendar
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- An adept communicator with the ability to liaise with people on all levels
- Ability to develop and articulate highly successful and innovative marketing solutions and communicate a compelling vision in both Arabic and English language
- Good technical proficiency, literacy skills and a competent computer user
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Marketing
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction