Director of Customer Demand Growth
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 47 cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Director of Customer Demand Growth role is to create the playbook for sustainable demand growth for all steps of the customer funnel (activation, engagement, retention); to support cities in the creation of demand plans; to lead experimentation in customer offers – all in order to expand the user base and increase regularity and frequency of use
- Building a team of growth hackers for different parts of the customer funnel and lifecycle CRM
- Creating a playbook of growth hacks that trigger user base and engagement growth,
- Cranking out impact analyses of all customer facing actions,
- Triggering improvements on the product side
- Activation rate target
- # of trips per user target
- # of active days per user target
- # of users target
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- Previous success in another industry that became an exemplar story of growth
- Have managed a team of direct reports while doing the above
- Considerable experience in segment marketing
- Has been involved or led a team that made and implemented demand growth plans
- Excellent analytical skills with commercial and strategic acumen.
- Marketing know-how
- End-to-end user/customer management cycle knowledge and experience
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.