Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 47 cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
About The Role
We are seeking a public relations manager to nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness and develop an enviable corporate image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop a growth Partnership strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction including objectives, approach, activities, timeline and budgets.
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Optimize visibility, minimize churn and manage stakeholders perception.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting stakeholders (customers/captains/leadership/investors/government/media/etc) and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Locate and/or propose potential partnerships by contacting potential partners, discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screen potential partners by analyzing market strategies, requirements, potential, financials, evaluate options, resolve internal priorities, and recommend opportunities.
- Follow up with new partnership opportunities and set up meetings.
- Plan and prepare presentations.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new partnership with company strategies and operations.
- Examine risks and potentials, estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Close new partnerships by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, integrating contract requirements with operations.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance brand reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Monitor, analyze and present partnerships contribution and accomplishments on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Keep records of contracts, invoices etc.
- Integrate partnership activities with other marketing activities such as PR, research, social media, content marketing and advertising.
- Proactively seek and identify local, regional and global partnership and cross marketing trends and best practices, then promote and spread best practices among marketing team members, leadership and the rest of the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, business administration, sales or relevant field.
- Proven working experience as a partnership manager, business development manager, sales executive or a relevant role.
- Proven sales track record.
- Experience in customer support is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM softwares.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic.
- Market knowledge and strong relationships with both local and national businesses.
- Communication and negotiation skills.
- Time management and planning skills.
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.