Social Media Coordinator
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 47 cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
About The Role
We are seeking for a Social Media Manager to handle our social activities by implementing strategies and tactics that grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, customers, and active fans and promoters of our company. You should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop a growth Social Media strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction including objectives, approach, activities, timeline and budgets.
- Set social media guidelines and policies, communicate them and ensure compliance to guidelines.
- Coordinate all social media activities.
- Optimize visibility and manage our audiences’ perceptions.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Proactively listen and monitor interactions and content over social media using social media listening tools, and identify opportunities, threats and the public’s sentiment in regards to the company.
- Ignite and engage in relevant social conversations about our brand, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences.
- Work closely with content marketing managers and create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success.
- Work alongside other marketers (PR, content marketers, partnership managers, etc) to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience and supports marketing goals.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target buyers.
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on social media ROI.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting stakeholders (customers/captains/leadership/investors/government/media/etc) and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
- Prepare crisis management plans/strategies, identify threats and execute crisis plan while minimizing negative impact on brand image.
- Develop relationships with local, regional and global social media players (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and local networks).
- Integrate social media activities with other marketing activities such as PR, research, business development, content marketing and advertising.
- Proactively seek and evaluate opportunities for events, partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an ongoing basis.
- Attend relevant events to evangelise the company mission and find likeminded individuals and companies to align with on future initiatives.
- Monitor, analyze and present social media results and landscape on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Proactively seek and identify local, regional and global social media trends and best practices, then promote and spread best practices among marketing team members, leadership and the rest of the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
- Proven working experience in social media required.
- Proven track record designing and executing successful social media campaigns at both a local and national level within Saudi Arabia.
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Proficiency in using social media listening and publishing tools to monitor social media conversations.
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets.
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.