Country Growth Lead
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 47 cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Country Growth Lead role is to support the market team in their growth planning and decision making based on thorough analysis. You will be accountable for providing strategic insights and solutions to decision-makers based on data analysis. This role will work closely together with the General Managers, Fleet Managers, Marketing Managers and the Central Growth Team, providing insights and solutions to various growth issues and driving forward strategic direction. Key responsibilities include:
- Model and track growth KPIs against daily, weekly and monthly targets
- Project manage and problem solve growth bottlenecks and opportunities with relevant stakeholders
- Act as a first point of contact for market teams support requests, liaising various teams and departments on a daily basis
- Develop and implement effective reporting and assessment tools to minimise risk and proactively identify problem areas
- Produce and distribute reports to relevant internal parties analysing data and highlighting key areas of interest
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- Analysts at top-tier strategy consulting, investment banking or multinational firm
- Strong spike in analytical ability, sharp problem solver and ability to get things done
- Target driven and ability to drive meeting of very aggressive targets
- Ability to effectively trouble shoot problems and work collaboratively within a team environment
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.