Senior Pricing Lead
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 47 cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
Careem are looking for a rockstar Pricing expert to develop pricing strategy for our cities across the region.
- To drive pricing strategy and establish action plans for the cities in the Careem footprint
- To advise city teams on the communication of pricing actions
- To manage pricing operations such as the implementation of price and configuration changes and ensure adherence to margin targets and pricing strategy
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on data-driven execution and planning, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. For this unique role, additional qualifications are:
- Pricing professional with 5+ years of pricing strategy
- Operations experience
- Master degree minimum in a relevant subject (PhD preferred)
- Arabic speaking preferred but not necessary
- Experience of working in technology company or start-up would be an advantage
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.