Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 47 cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT MANAGER ROLE AND BUSINESS CAPABILITIES TEAM
The purpose of our Product Manager role is to drive the conceptualisation, development and rollout of features and product improvements. This is a pivotal role and requires a unique blend of business understanding and technical savviness; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You will work closely with key stakeholders in the company to understand the market and the issues they face and be able to identify and implement innovative solutions for the broader market. Working across all areas of the company, you will serve as an internal/external liaison between Sales channels marketing teams and key customers.
The Business Capability team within Product is focused on solving some of the toughest and most exciting problems for Careem. Our job is to make sure that we build the core systems and algorithms that ensures matching between customers and captains. This includes helping captains in finding optimal positioning, determining real-time dynamic pricing to ensure we deliver a reliable service and building scalable and smart dispatching algorithms to maximise the fleet utilisation and deliver an awesome customer experience.
As Product Manager for Peak pricing you will drive the thinking and building of our real-time peak pricing platform, working closely with other Product Managers, Engineers and Data Scientists to continuously improve our peak pricing algorithms. You will be working closely with other departments in gathering feedback, tracking KPIs and running A/B tests to ensure Careem is able to deliver a reliable and awesome service.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the entire Product lifecycle from strategic planning and feature roll out. Identify, conceptualise and develop new products and any amendments/improvements to existing products.
- Analyse data science and market trends and identify solutions to support product development
- Develop, lead and implement projects such as company-wide go-to-market plans. Ensuring a timely delivery of projects in collaboration with other departments.
- Work collaboratively with partners assisting and troubleshooting to ensure that products are competitive and marketable
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders, on product features and acting as a main point of contact for any enquiries
- Liaise the Sales / Distribution team offering support and sharing knowledge on product in order to maximise sales
- Collaborate with the developers and Product Managers and other colleagues sharing knowledge on product developments and issues, etc. to discuss and implement effective solutions for the team
- Collaborate with the Developers to agree priorities and ensure product developments/amendments are prioritised correctly and as per the business needs
- Identify any issues within current working practices that might impact product delivery
- Liaise with colleagues effectively to resolve any faults with product delivery
- Identify barriers that potentially impact product availability and work efficiently to resolve issues and ensure products remain competitive and effective
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Good commercial awareness and be able to demonstrate your competence in analysing, reporting and efficiently responding to data
- Target driven and have good numerical and analytical skills with an excellent eye for detail working with qualitative and quantitative data
- Extensive experience in delivering highly successful and innovative product developments
- Extensive experience with product design and product testing
- Good technical proficiency, literacy skills and a competent computer user
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
- Experience working as a product developer
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics
We are a fast-growing startup with an emphasis on equity compensation
- Competitive remuneration and equity shares
- Premium medical insurance (including spouse and children)
- 25 working days annual leave
- Discounted Careem rides plus free credits inline with company growth
- Regular performance reviews and feedback
- Entrepreneurial working environment
- Flexible working arrangements