Financial Planning & Analysis Associate
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
We have had a phenomenal start. Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is an innovative transportation service operational in 40+ cities from Morocco to Pakistan. With 30% monthly growth, we are one of the fastest growing companies in the region. Our recipe for success has been a team that thrives on challenges, is passionate about solving problems, is not afraid to work super hard, and is a true partner in the company through generous stock option grants. We have attracted strong regional and international investors and are positioned on the cusp of significant scale. Read more about us in the New York Times or Arabian Business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare and analyze monthly management reports
- Support continuous improvement of current budgeting, forecasting and planning process and deliverables
- Assist in the development of scorecards, measurement tools and KPI’s
- Monitor performance, highlight trends and analyze drivers of variances
- Prepare/support ad hoc reports and analysis
- Active participation in special projects
- Contribute to our continuing process improvement initiatives
- Accounting / Finance degree
- 4+ years of related experience creating financial reports and analyzing the results to provide strategic
- Strong analytical skills, ability to work independently and part of a team
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and financial modeling
- Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills
- Results oriented, strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS) or Oracle Hyperion planning tools is a plus.
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.