Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 47 cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Careem is looking for a growth hacker who is part product manager, part marketer, and all hacker. He/she has a passion for aggressively scaling consumer services. This individual will help lead the growth charge, with quick iteration and prioritization of initiatives that identify and capitalize on scalable channels for user growth.
Growth hackers have a hustler-like personality, not believing in limits and always striving to achieve the “unreasonable”. This is a role that requires you to dream big for attaining growth, and then make those dreams a reality. Growth hackers are obsessed with measurement – always tracking and analyzing the effectiveness of different initiatives.
- Define, test, and evaluate growth initiatives
- Drive massive upticks in user acquisition, activation, retention, and referrals
- Understand and optimize loyalty and virality to unlock growth
- Work on a cross-functional growth hacker team that is responsible for driving user growth through experimentation and protyping
- Work with product and marketing to design and execute initiatives
- Analyze and report growth success to the management
- Do whatever it takes to achieve exponential growth in all of our markets
- You have a degree from an accredited university
- You are skilled at Excel and SQL – and can navigate data very effectively (big plus for HTML/CSS/JS skills)
- You have a love of finding “out of the box” ways to solve problems
- You have experience or a track record of driving massive user growth at consumer-facing startups
- You have high user empathy
- You have the ability to seamlessly transition from high-level creative brainstorming to conducting and analyzing experiments and sweating the details
- You have a deep understanding of large social web platforms, and social / viral mechanics
- You are team-focused and highly collaborative
- You have an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.