Product Support Engineer
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 47 cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Supreme Customer Service is fundamental at Careem, and we want to wow our customers every time! The purpose of the Product Support Engineer role is to assist the Product department in doing just that. You will be responsible for making bold decisions and working in an agile way in order to deliver a first class service when dealing with technical support issues. Key responsibilities include:
- Resolving customer technical queries, usage problems and complaints, ensuring that the service delivered is consistently efficient, prompt, professional and exceeds customer expectations
- Ensuring all customer interactions adhere to our internal quality standards and SLA’s
- Working collaboratively with other colleagues within the departments to resolve technical issues and agree on any support initiatives
- Identify any issues within current working practices that might impact service delivery and identify solutions to ensure continual improvement by continuous assessment, and feeding process and product recommendations to the Product Managers
- Occasionally building (developing) ad hoc internal tools to support colleagues (using coding)
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Process orientated, highly analytical and a logical thinker with a good attention to detail
- Ability to effectively trouble shoot problems and work collaboratively within a team environment
- Good technical proficiency, literacy skills and a competent computer user
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience working with databases is a MUST (SQL preferred)
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as computer Science or Engineering
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction