Assistant Accounting Manager
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 47 cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The main purpose of this role is to cover different aspects of the Credit Control function including; sales invoicing, sending out copy of statements and invoices through to collection, resolving queries, and reducing debtor days. The role will also manage the payables by dealing with all aspects of the Accounts Payable function, from supplier inception through payment and query handling. Key responsibilities include:
General Legder Journal
- Download information from Database and upload Journals into the Accounting Software
- Calculate Accruals, Prepayments, Prepare Schedules and ensure P&Ls are accurate
- Conduct a variance analysis and balance sheet reconciliations
- Consolidate city P&Ls and create financials at consolidated level
- Liaise with sales and operations team to resolve any issues.
- Process and manage suppliers’ invoices, credit notes, data entry and scanning invoices.
- Ensure all invoices are coded and booked to the correct GL code in Xero, by city and department.
- Process captain payments, salaries payments, and petty cash requests.
- Be the main petty cash holder for UAE region and reconcile all payments and receipts weekly.
- Setup online payments and ensure the payments are approved and released timely.
- Maintain the DPO as per payment terms to ensure there is always sufficient funds.
- Reconciling suppliers’ accounts and sending out statements to suppliers to obtain balance confirmations.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Good technical proficiency, literacy skills and a competent computer user
- Strong Accountancy experience good analytical skills and good understanding and working knowledge of book keeping
- Experience in financial reporting and month-end, including preparation and posting of journals and updating reconciliations
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Accounting, Finance, or Business Management
- Must be in Dubai and available to start immediately.
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction