Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 47 cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Business Analyst role is to support the Fleet teams in making data universally accessible and drive business decisions based on thorough analysis. You will be accountable for providing strategic insights and solutions to decision-makers based on data analytics. This role will work closely together with the General Managers, Fleet Managers and the Central Fleet Team, providing insights and solutions to various business issues and driving forward strategic direction. Key responsibilities include:
- Report on various business issues to relevant stakeholders providing appropriate analysis and commentaries for both technical and non technical people
- Manage work streams and small projects autonomously in a cross-functional environment
- Work collaboratively with interdepartmental colleagues in order to maximise potential of fleet
- Act as a first point of call for colleagues with business intelligence / data queries, liaising various teams and departments on a daily basis
- Develop and implement effective reporting and assessment tools to minimise risk and proactively identify problem areas
- Produce and distribute reports to relevant internal parties analysing data and highlighting key areas of interest
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and passionate to work with large sets of data
- Must be process orientated and a logical thinker with a good attention to detail
- Ability to effectively trouble shoot problems and work collaboratively within a team environment
- Experience with Data/Event Analytics and/or Data Illustration tools would be desirable
- Good technical proficiency, literacy skills and a competent computer user
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Computer science or Engineering
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.